Friday, August 17, 2012

Playing with Shrinky Dinks



Today I picked my Granddaughter's up from school. On Fridays they get off early at 1:00 and I was trying to decide what to do with them. I finally decide against swimming because I didn't want to be exhausted for the rest of the evening (lol!). What we did do was play with a package of Shrinky Dinks I had purchased a while back at JoAnne's Fabric store. I'm on a Yahoo Group called Stitchmap and some of the girls had used them and enjoyed them. I certainly didn't expect how this turned out though! I took a sheet of Shrinky Dink and laid it on an old wood plaque my Aunt gifted me with. I traced the design and colored them in with colored pencils. The picture is 3"x4" and the Shrinky Dink is about 1' x 1.5" after baking for a minute. Isn't it cute! I recommend you sit at a table while doing this. I was on my knees and after a long while tracing I realized my feet and ankles had fallen asleep -- not a good feeling. What a cute embellishment for a crazy quilt! I am anxious to try more. My granddaughters drew some cute little charms that they put on a chain.

2 comments:

Gerry Krueger said...

I love you and I love your blog but I absolutely can not read the font you use... See you soon!

gocrazywithme said...

That turned out so cute!