Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Valentine's Heart


This is a little crazy quilt I made for my Mom for Valentine's Day. It was the first time I tried making a bead motif (upper left corner). In case you can tell what it is, it is a rose bud! I also tried using some teardrop beads for make flowers (starts under the bud) and think that worked out pretty good. I padded the heart a bit and put on a cardboard backing and glued it to a plate that is all sparkly! Happy Valentines Day Mom! I'm taking a chance that your not monitoring my blog. (-:

8 comments:

Skye said...

Connie, you did a wonderful job...Your mother will truly be touched..Very nice Valentines Day!!hugs,Skye

Diane said...

So pretty. Well your first beading attempt turned out very well. What a lovely gift for your mum.

Laurie said...

Very nice! I'm sure she'll love it! I'm also trying my hand at a crazy quilt pillow; it's nowhere near as nice and authentic as the ones you make, but I'm learning a lot as I go!

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

Just gorgeous!! Connie, your Mom is going to be tickled pink! I love the way you mounted it - great idea!
Hugs,
Kerry

Thelma said...

Your mother will love it Connie. Beautiful !! So unique, and love the heart plate you attached it to,,such an awesome idea.

gocrazywithme said...

Your beaded rose bud is wonderful! I like the SRE too!

Anna W. said...

Hi Connie,
Thank you for your post on my new blog :-) I see you lived in Germany too. Whereabouts? We lived in and near Wurzburg in the 80s and 90s.
Anna
scarlethousestitcher.blogspot.com

Lori said...

Connie! that heart for mom came out just beautiful! and yes, the beaded rose bud came out great too! what beautiful work you do!