Saturday, January 25, 2014

Day 24 - Art Every Day - Some progress on Tahlia's postcard

I have done some embroidery along the center strip of fabric and have added some pearls to it.  Then I made a couple of flowers above it.  The one that looks like a snowflake is stitched with fly stitches, has a sequin in the center and some beads along the outside.  The other two are made of sheer ribbon with a pearl in the center.  On the lower left seam treatment I did some spider web roses. There is a tan stem like swirl done in wrapped back stitch. I also added some stitching around the roses - bouillons, chain and buttonhole which I like the look of.  On the upper right I stitched my name and location. The light is poor tonight and I needed some shadow to be able to pick up the embroidery I did on the shiny strip.  If there is too much light, it shines too brightly for the embroidery to be seen.

No comments: